I guess people are really shallow

but there's always an oddball found in the bunch =)
It's okay life is hard
I look back and I think bad
I get mad but it's hard
to remember what's in my bag

Welcome to my blog
the place where I don't lock
the concerns and thoughts
of my everyday mock

Welcome!

This is me
Just and ordinary person
Living in an extraordinary world

Followers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Words of Love

There is this one note from Family Studies that really got my attention. It talks about the different types of love. Today, resting from writing that soooooooooft exam, I decided to google up these words and Wikipedia nicely has a page dedicated to them, titled "Greek words of love"
I thought of sharing them
(shit I just had a deja vu)
Eros: "erotic love", based on strong romantic feelings toward one another. This erotic love takes place at the beginning of a relationship where you only see the good qualities of your partner. The romantic feeling common in "eros love" is natural and an important part of a relationship; however, we must learn to use both our heart and mind to judge if something is real.

Philos: a love based on friendship between two people. It is based on a give and take, where two people benefit from each other. Both partners try to meet their needs but are still concerned with regards of the other's needs. Its give and take nature makes Philos a higher type of love than Eros.

Agape: UNCONDITIONAL love. A love that is totally selfless. A love that EVERYONE should reach.

Those Greeks are so romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment